Hi There, We’re Shift Collab.
Shift Collab is a boutique group therapy practice operating nationwide. Our organization proudly stands as a leader in therapy and mental health education for highly-driven people, teams, and institutions across North America. We believe therapy should feel good and we are on a mission to #maketherapynormal by providing mental health care that’s relevant, actionable, and accessible.
What We Do
Shift Collab is an umbrella organization comprised of three primary lines of business:
Shift Therapy - This is our group therapy practice; a team of likable and relatable therapists who help make mental health simple. Our group practice operates in-person, by phone, and virtually.
Shift People - This is our group training service, offering companies, organizations, and teams keynote talks, workshops, training, and intensives designed to make workplace mental health simple.
Overview of the Role
Shift Collab is looking for a part-time Business Development Manager to support our corporate partnerships and sales. Reporting to the Chief Growth Officer, this role will be on the front line of our sales and account management functions. In particular, we are looking for a motivated sales professional who is capable, confident, and consistent in sales tasks. In particular, this individual will be responsible for the sales of our corporate training products (under Shift People) and our bulk therapy programs for businesses. Since we are a tight-knit organization, you will also have a role in shaping the future of these products and services to better meet the needs of our clients.
- Execute a sales an outbound sales strategy to meet quarterly and annual revenue targets;
- Execute an inbound sales strategy to nurture leads into clients;
- Establish rapport with prospective clients, arranging meetings and presentations to build trust, provide value, and champion our corporate products;
- Contacting and nurturing referral sources;
- Researching organizations and individuals to find new opportunities;
- Preparing proposals and quotes for clients;
- Maintain relationships with current clients, acting in an account manager role with select clients, to ensure their satisfaction;
- Planning new marketing initiatives to support business development efforts;
- Coordinating with the clinical and leadership teams to ensure the smooth transition of clients between sales and operations;
- Othe related tasks focused on business development.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related field;
- 4+ years experience in sales and business development, ideally in healthcare, corporate wellness, or professional services;
- Knowledge of the mental health industry, including familiarity with therapy, Employee Assistance Programs, and corporate wellness training;
- Proven track record of building relationships, managing a pipeline and nurturing deals, and meeting sales targets;
- Experience using a CRM to log prospect and client communications, follow-ups, and nurturing;
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Ability to work from home;
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty;
- Skilled with using technology platforms like Zoom, Google Suite (email, drive, calendars, docs), Slack, etc.
- While the majority of our team is located in the GTA, we are open to considering candidates from across Canada provided they are willing and able to travel periodically.
Compensation and Perks
- This is a part-time position that requires 20-25 hours per week of availability to start;
- Compensation is a competitive hourly rate plus commission for all deals completed;
- We are pleased to offer competitive compensation packages that vary based on experience and skillset;
- We offer a supportive work environment with plenty of room to grow, excellent supervision, training opportunities, and to be part of a larger team with a big vision;
- We regularly have team-building events and social outings, and pride ourselves on connection.
- We strive for a culture of learning, and actively support our staff member’s continued professional development by offering on-the-job training and the opportunity to learn new skills.
Shift is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are deeply committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcome applications from women, members of racialized groups, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity, or gender expression. We are also committed to ensuring that each individual will have genuine, open, and unhindered access to employment opportunities within our company. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please let us know.