Shift, a leader in therapy and mental health education, and Maple, Canada’s premier virtual care platform, have partnered to provide on-demand video therapy. This is the first service of its kind in Canada. It innovates the traditional care model because it provides true on-demand service and because it uses a unique single-issue, solution-focused session model that is 50-minutes in length. Maple has also created the ability for users to schedule initial and follow-up appointments.
After huge success in Ontario, we are expanding the service to other provinces and are currently seeking virtual therapists located in British Columbia, Quebec, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, and Newfoundland to become part of this growing program.
We are seeking therapists that have MSW RSW/RP(Q) credentials and who have 2+ years of experience as a therapist and are regulated to practice in their province. In particular, we are looking for therapists who are comfortable using video therapy technology, skilled at quickly addressing a single issue using a variety of brief intervention modalities and feel confident that they can provide support for a wide range of individuals. Those that feel particularly comfortable with technology are encouraged to apply.
Being a Maple therapist means …
- Being part of the most innovative virtual care platform in Canada;
- Allowing individuals to access therapy from the comfort of their own home;
- Allowing you to deliver therapy from the comfort of your own home;
- Working on your own schedule;
- Being supported by a great team at Shift.
In this role, you will be an on-demand therapist contracted by Shift, and you will fulfill two kinds of sessions: on-demand sessions and scheduled sessions.
- On-demand sessions: Whenever there is an incoming consultation, you will simply “pick-up” sessions when you wish between the hours of 8 am to 8 pm any day of the week.
- Scheduled sessions: You will be required to insert 6 hours per week in duration in the Maple calendar so clients also have the option to schedule sessions with you directly on the app.
While this role is inherently flexible, we expect each therapist to be “live” on the platform on a regular basis, checking for available consultations during their scheduled hours. Therapists are free to take the sessions anywhere on their iPhone, laptop or desktop computer provided they are in a space appropriate to deliver a therapy session (ie: quiet, professional and private) with solid internet access that can accommodate video chat.
For each 50-minute session that is completed, you will be compensated $60, paid on a monthly basis via direct deposit.
- Have a Master's degree in Social Work (MSW); or a Masters's in Counselling (RP)
- Be a Registered Social Worker or Registered Psychotherapist with your provincial regulatory body;
- Have 2+ years of experience providing individual therapy to adults;
- Have a minimum of 6-hours of availability per week;
- Have up-to-date professional liability insurance or commit to having such insurance prior to your start date;
- Have a willingness to learn and be comfortable in providing virtual therapy;
- Routinely contribute content (blog posts, social media posts, therapy tips, etc.) to help build awareness of the Maple therapy program;
- You must have an iPhone, iPad and/or a laptop;
- Be comfortable with technology and delivering video/phone counselling.
Thank you and good luck!
$60.00 - $0.00